Sunday, January 04, 2009

Exhale

I think a little alone time is good for everyone. It gives us a chance to unwind from the events of the day, and to let the thoughts wander.

Connor tends to become overstimulated quite easily, and calming him is usually not an easy task. Oftentimes, I need to move him to a quieter, more soothing environment until he's not feeling so overwhelmed. Finding him sitting quietly on his own Friday evening came as a pleasant indication of his increasing autonomy and self awareness.


Tomorrow marks the beginning of another term at school for the two older kids, and a few new exciting projects for myself. After the hectic pace of the holidays, I'm looking forward to getting back into a normal routine again, and starting a few new ones.

I took advantage of some quiet time myself this weekend after the kids were in bed. It was nice to feel myself sinking into the sofa and finally being able to take that deep, relaxing breath...


Hope you find some quiet time for yourself this week too!

~Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your house looks beautiful!

Happy New Year!